Friday 18 September 2015

2 Months

This is about to be one of the most boring things you've probably ever read, well at least compared to posts in the past & by my standards.

So we've officially passed the two month milestone here at the Sunny Coast (2 months, four days if you're keeping track) meaning my abroad experience is a week shy from being half way over! If there's one thing I can say about the whole thing, it'd have to be that time escapes you completely.  It feels like just yesterday I was stepping off the plane and I'm sure December will be here before I know it.

Also over half way done is the school semester! Going into Week 9 of 13, things are beginning to pile up (not helping is my procrastination talent which is at an all time high). Due in the next few weeks are too many papers, too many assignments, and way too many presentations, because really any presentation is too many. But I do have a blessing in disguise. I never actually got a cell phone for here and I can only iMessage people back home on wifi, so considering I'm almost never in my room to use the wifi, I almost never have any distractions.  It's kind of annoying when you actually need something but the past 2 weeks it's come in handy.  All in all, just taking it one day and one assignment at a time and counting down the days till semester break (Hello Sydney and Cairns!).

Overall the last few weeks have been relatively quiet, with the exceptions being a few trips to the beach for barbecues, a full day of shopping at the Queen Street Mall in Brisbane, and frequent nights up late laughing and eating with close friends.  Fortunately, adventure is right around the corner.  In a week I'll be taking off to head to Sydney and up to Cairns to see the Great Barrier Reef, with future trips to Melbourne and Bali also in my sights. 

No surprise but thoughts of home do creep into my head on the daily, especially of my Theta hΘme this week as they go through recruitment. Mostly they revolve around coming back and surprising friends (though strangely none of these dreams have snow on the ground, one thing I'll never miss and can't accept I'll have to return to). And of course my parents because how would I have gotten here without them?? Nothing makes you realize how awesome of a family you have until you leave them I suppose, so much love to you. Oh and mom, I never did apologize for leaving you home with three boys but keep pushing through til I rescue you again.

I reckon something more exciting will have happened before I write next because odds are pretty good something will go down while traveling through the country. If I come back with zero stories to tell or pictures to show, I'll have failed as a study abroad student and overall human.

Oh but one fun fact.  I did see my first abnormally large spider whose body was about the size of a baseball.  It actually could have eaten my foot if I wouldn't have ran away screaming. The kangaroos literally everywhere almost make up for it. Almost. 

Keep the Facetimes & the updates (mostly on dramatic events I'm missing out on, boo) coming!

Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment